Saturday, May 5, 2012

{Project: Food Budget} Week 31

I've been a little distracted this week by the imminent arrival of my new Thermomix...*squeels*
It's all I think about:P I am busting to belt out a recipe or two...but I will have to wait a little longer,

and while I do, lets talk about this weeks menu and budget.
This week needs some frugal eating. I'm sticking to my $200 , 6 serves but really need to come in under. Tonight is family curry night at my SIL's. I am planning (best get onto that) a vegetable curry with dried apricots and Indian spices. I figured MIL will do beef, SIL will do butter chicken 'cause that's how they roll...and I will bring the COLOUR!!

UPDATE:


Thursday - Rice with satay sauce and vegetables
Friday - Sausages, mashed potato, honey soy carrots and peas (Mr 4's request)
Saturday - Curry night (with COLOUR lol)
Sunday - Home made pizza night
Monday - Chicken and Veg (super boring but in the freezer!)
Tuesday - Guacamole bruschetta
Wednesday - Lamb and mushroom pies

Satay Sauce Recipe

1/3 cup peanut butter
1 fresh red chilli chopped
2 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp kecap manis
1 Tbsp lime juice
140 mls coconut milk

Stir over low heat until heated and mixed.

Week 31 Participating blogs: 








No comments:

Post a Comment